Staying Healthy at Work with Florida Insurance
The majority of us with an office job sit in a chair from 9 to 5, staring at a computer screen. We only get up to use the restroom or grab lunch. It’s been proven that sitting all day can have negative impacts on health, but few of us can give up our jobs to get a few extra hours of cardio in at the gym. Have no fear! If you invest in Florida insurance and follow the tips we have below, you can improve your health while still climbing the career ladder!
- Stay hydrated. Drinking water is one of the simplest things you can do to stay healthy. Water detoxifies your body and helps with mental and physical performance. Keeping a water bottle at your desk will remind you to drink, drink, drink!
- Keep your work area clean. Stow a container of disinfecting wipes in your desk drawer and clean your desk and computer regularly. An office is a breeding ground for illnesses, like colds and the flu, so keep hand sanitizer on your desk, as well.
- Be kind to your eyes. Staring at a computer screen all day has worse effects than headaches. Your eyes can eventually become short-sighted, where you have difficulty focusing on objects that are further away. So take a short break every 15 to 30 minutes, and spend that time looking out a window or across the office – anything far away! If you have a difficult time remembering to rest your eyes, set a recurring alarm on your phone or calendar.
- Move! People with sitting jobs have twice the risk of cardiovascular disease as people with standing jobs. Take a break every 30 minutes or so. Stretch, walk, do jumping jacks in your cubicle. Anything to get you moving. Spend half of your lunch break taking a walk. You’ll feel less fatigued and more focused when you return to the office.
- Eat a healthy lunch. It’s can sometimes be difficult to eat healthy while at the office, but take the time to pack something healthy in the morning, or order a healthy dish from a local restaurant. Your body will thank you!
Staying healthy at the office is easy when you follow these simple tips. Put a little work into it and your health will greatly improve. Speak with your agent to ensure your Florida insurance provides the correct amount of coverage, and enjoy your health!